The school is committed to ensuring equality and excellence for all in order to promote the highest possible standards. There is a positively inclusive ethos, which is implicit in all that is done. In accordance with this ethos the school will:
- Reflect and promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience both in and beyond the school
- Ensure children of all backgrounds and needs are included in our school equally
- Tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities
- Ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities
- Allow equal access to information for all parents
- Ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
- Ensure that prejudice and prejudice related bullying is not tolerated
These objectives are reflected in our Equality policy, Single Equality Scheme and our Accessibility plan and other school policies related to teaching and learning.
Please also note that this statement reflects the Equality Act 2010. The Equality Act 2010 sets out to ensure that everyone has the right to be treated fairly and protects them from discrimination on the basis of certain characteristics. These are known as Protected Characteristics: