Welcome to Year 4
Jays and Doves
Jays Class Teacher
Doves Class Teacher
What would you like to read now you are in Year 4?
Puffin Publishers. Must Reads for 9-12 year olds.
The School Reading List. Books for Year 4
Guildford Library. Visit your local library
Crazy hair day, Christmas jumper day and Christmas lunch! It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas in Year 4!
Dragon Dens to inspire our descriptive writing.
What's inside a thousand cube?
Homework will be posted on Google Classroom. Homework will be set every Thursday and is due in the following Wednesday.
You will have an English and Maths activity to complete alongside your regular spelling, times tables and reading practice.
Here are some websites that you can use at home to help with your learning. If you need your TT Rockstars, My Maths, Spelling Shed, Purple Mash, Collings Reading Library or Language Angels passwords, please ask your teacher.
Supporting Learning at Home
We are very grateful for all that parents and carers do to support their children's learning in the classroom. Here are some ideas which you may find useful when providing this support.
- Reading aloud and talking with your child about the book they are reading.
- Spelling of high frequency words and those spellings on the statutory spelling list for Lower Key Stage 2 (See below for lists).
- Handwriting practice.
- Using capital letters and full stops correctly when writing sentences.
- Times tables recall up to 12x12.
- Telling the time on an analogue clock to within 5minutes. Converting time between an analogue and a digital clock.
- Reading scales and measuring in m and cm, g and kg, ml and l.