Welcome to Year 4
Jays and Doves
Jays' Class Teacher
Doves' Class Teacher
The Jays visit to the Guildford House Gallery to see the Matisse Drawing with Scissors Exhibition.
World Book Day 2023
Christmas is coming! Enjoy these pictures from our Christingle Service.
Lots of lovely learning in the first 2 weeks of Year 4!
Home Learning And Reading
- Homework is set every Thursday and should be handed in the following Wednesday.
- Homework and spellings will also be posted on Google Classroom.
- You will have a homework book to complete your homework in. We will mark your homework together in class
- Each week, you will have an English and Maths activity to complete alongside your spellings and times tables practise. Your homework will be linked to something we have done in class or be an opportunity to practise a skill we have learnt before.
- We expect you to spend 20 minutes on each piece of English and Maths homework, so 40 minutes in total. It is up to you how you organise your time in the week in order to complete your homework.
- Google Classroom
- One of the easiest and most important skills to practise at home is reading. We expect you to read aloud, to someone at home, at least 4 times a week. Please record this in your reading record. We have lots of lovely books you can borrow from the classroom and school library too. We will visit the school library once a week and you may borrow 2 books at at time. Below are some ideas for good books you might like to read now you are in Year 4!
- Puffin Publishers. Must Reads for 9-12 year olds.
- The School Reading List. Books for Year 4
- Guildford Library. Visit your local library
Here are some websites that you can use at home to help with your learning. If you need your TT Rockstars, Spelling Shed, Purple Mash or Language Angels passwords, please ask your teacher.
Supporting Learning at Home
We are very grateful for all that parents and carers do to support their children's learning in the classroom. Here are some ideas which you may find useful when providing this support.
- Reading aloud and talking with your child about the book they are reading.
- Spelling of high frequency words and those spellings on the statutory spelling list for Lower Key Stage 2 (See below for lists).
- Handwriting practice.
- Using capital letters and full stops correctly when writing sentences.
- Times tables recall up to 12x12.
- Telling the time on an analogue clock to within 5minutes. Converting time between an analogue and a digital clock.
- Reading scales and measuring in m and cm, g and kg, ml and l.