Do you want to:
- combat climate change?
- support wildlife?
- protect our rivers, seas and oceans?
- improve our school and local community?
- learn new skills?
- make a difference?
If you answered yes, our elected Eco Rangers will be in touch throughout the year to let you know how you can help out.
Eco Committee Elections
Our very first Eco Committee elections took place on Friday 30th September.
The children voted and we now have 12 members from Year 1 to 6 who are passionate about protecting our planet, starting with our school environment.
The committee decided on a new name straight away. We are now the Eco Rangers!
We have completed a review of our school environment and now have three focus areas:
- School Grounds
We have already done so much to help us with these areas:
- We now have a weekly litter pick, led by our Eco Rangers.
- Every child in the school took part in the Big Schools Birdwatch in February to help us monitor the birdlife in our school grounds. Our junior Eco Rangers helped to lead an assembly to introduce the event to the school.
- All children are invited to Gardening Club each Friday lunchtime.
- Year 1 to 6 spent half a term raising awareness of environmental issues around the school through our weekly poster club.
- In the summer term we are combining our Coronation celebrations with an Eco Day to recognise the King's passion for the environment. Children are invited to 'Wear it Wild;' everyone will take part in an eco lesson during the day and our Eco Rangers will be running stalls before and after school to raise money for the WWF.
- The whole school have been busy planting seeds ready for this year's Guildford in Bloom competition. We are excited about increasing the biodiversity of our school grounds with our planting.
Take a look at some of the documents and photos below to find out more.