Our Home School Link Worker is Jill Beaumont.
Jill’s aim is to support families and encourage all young people to enjoy school and feel happy and secure. She can help:
- Young people who are experiencing difficult times or who are withdrawn or anxious
- Parents/carers experiencing difficulties with their child’s behaviour
- Families who are reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement
- Parents/carers whose children are reluctant to attend school or who have been excluded
- Parents/carers who may need support on a wide range of issues or difficulties impacting on their family life e.g. illness, domestic violence, disability, financial difficulties
She can also:
- Support you at school meetings
- Help you find your way through the education system
- Guide you towards other sources of help, advice and support
- Provide information on support groups for parents/carers.
Parents/carers and pupils can ask for Jill’s involvement at any time. She will explore the challenges being faced, and together try to find the best way forward.
To contact the HSLW:
Complete the HSLW form available from the school office and hand it back into the school office, marked "Private & Confidential".
Phone 01483 572510 - our school office staff will be happy to pass your message on.
Please note that Jill works on a part-time basis and will respond to you as soon as she can.
NEW VIDEO! Supporting the emotional wellbeing of your family during lockdown
This resource has been created for you to use. The video is 30 minutes long and contains lots of practical, realistic and useful information for parents and carers.
The clip has been prepared by Dr Alison D'Amario, Educational and Child Psychologist.
Click on the link: Wellbeing for Primary School parents
Financial support for those facing hardship during COVID
Information for Surrey residents who may be facing financial hardship and the support Surrey-wide pledge to provide.
Our message during these hard times is clear: if you are struggling or feel that you are unable to make ends meet, Surrey councils are here and continuing to support you and your communities through these unprecedented times. We have a dedicated helpline that residents who are struggling and in need of support can call and someone will be able to get them the help they need. In addition, all the latest information can also be found on our Surrey County Council COVID Financial Support web pages, because we recognise the vital role councils have to play in the present times.
Community Helpline number: 0300 200 1008
Availability Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
SMS: 0786 0053 465 for Deaf and hearing impaired residents only (Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm)
Please see below for some useful links for support and information:
Citizens Advice Bureau: https://www.guildfordcab.org.uk/
Family Information Service: https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/people-and-community/family-information-service
Action for Carers: http://www.actionforcarers.org.uk/
Domestic Abuse Support: http://www.chapter1.org.uk/sw-surrey-outreach
Surrey Nurturing Links: http://surreynurturinglinks.org.uk/
Please follow flow chart below to see how to access support in school or see next pages for more resources: