Burpham Primary School's Home School Link Worker is Mrs Wendy Cook.
Her aim is to support families and encourage all young people to enjoy school and feel happy and secure. She can help:
- Young people who are experiencing difficult times or who are withdrawn or anxious
- Parents/carers experiencing difficulties with their child’s behaviour
- Families who are reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement
- Parents/carers whose children are reluctant to attend school or who have been excluded
- Parents/carers who may need support on a wide range of issues or difficulties impacting on their family life e.g. illness, domestic violence, disability, financial difficulties.
- Support you at school meetings
- Help you find your way through the education system
- Guide you towards other sources of help, advice and support
- Provide information on support groups for parents/carers.
Parents/carers and pupils can ask for the HSLW's involvement at any time. They will explore the challenges being faced, and together try to find the best way forward.
To contact the HSLW:
Complete the HSLW form available from the school office and hand it back into the school office, marked "Private & Confidential".
Phone 01483 572510 - our school office staff will be happy to pass your message on.
Please note that the HSLW works on a part-time basis and will respond to you as soon as they can.
Please follow flow chart below to see how to access support in school or see next pages for more resources: