Our Home School Link Worker is Jill Beaumont.
Jill’s aim is to support families and encourage all young people to enjoy school and feel happy and secure. She can help:
- Young people who are experiencing difficult times or who are withdrawn or anxious
- Parents/carers experiencing difficulties with their child’s behaviour
- Families who are reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement
- Parents/carers whose children are reluctant to attend school or who have been excluded
- Parents/carers who may need support on a wide range of issues or difficulties impacting on their family life e.g. illness, domestic violence, disability, financial difficulties
She can also:
- Support you at school meetings
- Help you find your way through the education system
- Guide you towards other sources of help, advice and support
- Provide information on support groups for parents/carers.
Parents/carers and pupils can ask for Jill’s involvement at any time. She will explore the challenges being faced, and together try to find the best way forward.
To contact the HSLW:
Complete the HSLW form available from the school office and hand it back into the school office, marked "Private & Confidential".
Phone 01483 572510 - our school office staff will be happy to pass your message on.
Please note that Jill works on a part-time basis and will respond to you as soon as she can.
Please see below for some useful links for support and information:
Citizens Advice Bureau: https://www.guildfordcab.org.uk/
Family Information Service: https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/people-and-community/family-information-service
Action for Carers: http://www.actionforcarers.org.uk/
Domestic Abuse Support: http://www.chapter1.org.uk/sw-surrey-outreach
Surrey Nurturing Links: http://surreynurturinglinks.org.uk/